One thing I can say about Jon & Kate Plus 8, the depressing reality show, is that it's boring as hell. The few episodes I've seen all seem to be about dragging the kids off to make cupcakes. Every single one of them. The recent tabloid scandal, on the other hand, was interesting enough to warrant 27 consecutive Us Weekly covers. It even inspired its own asymmetrical hairstyle!
In the first episodes of their fifth season, things went from boring to uncomfortable as the nature of the separation slowly revealed itself. A revolving door of guest appearances by TLC's finest personalities attempted to disguise Jon's disappearance. Kat Von D even showed up to give Kate a tramp stamp. But then the announcement was finally made, leaving bloggers cracking the math books for a punchline:
- Jon Minus Kate Plus Eight
- Jon Minus Kate, Caught Out Late
- Jon Minus Kate Plus Skank
- Jon Minus Kate Minus Eight Plus Some Other Chick (my personal favorite)
- Jon Minus Kate Plus a Fatty Blunt (I have no idea)
- Jon Minus Kate Plus One Lesbian Times Eight Pictures Divided By An Ex Equals Craptastic! (this one really got out of hand)